Crochet, knitting, astronomy & life in general.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

A little bit of astronomy

I've talked a lot about crochet, knitting and baking in this blog, but after eight posts, I still haven't really talked about anything astronomy-related. Looking through some old pictures, I noticed a photo taken by the telescope at the Bishop's University Astronomical Observatory, where I used to work over the summers. I didn't take the picture myself, but I did combine the images taken with three different filters in order to create this colour-composite image, the first I'd ever attempted.



This is an image of M57, also known as the Ring Nebula in the constellation Lyra. It's one of my favourite objects to look at with a telescope, and it makes me sad that it's impossible to see in Toronto. I do miss the unpolluted skies of the Eastern Townships...

No comments:

Post a Comment