Crochet, knitting, astronomy & life in general.

Friday, March 6, 2009

Pie hat

A short while after I discovered the crocheted cupcake pattern from Bittersweet, and after having perused countless beret patterns, I thought it would be a great idea to crochet a pie hat. Pies, as well as being my favourite dessert, are also the perfect shape to be fashioned into a cute little tam. I practically had the pattern all mapped out in my head, and then I did a Google search to see if anyone else had thought of it. I saw a couple of unsatisfactory knitted pie hats, but they weren't really what I was looking for. I promptly forgot about it, and went on with my life.

Recently, I started reading the blog Monster Crochet (I have this tendency to read newly discovered blogs from the beginning), and I found that in November, Lady Linoleum had created a whole slew of pie hats, ranging from a cranberry-orange pie with a lattice crust, to a pumpkin pie with a dollop of whipped cream. It was as if I had somehow channeled my idea to her... Not that I want to take any credit for her genius, but it is rather strange that she crocheted almost exactly what I had envisioned. I guess it's possible for several people to come up with the same concept...



Anyway, now that I've seen this, and since no pattern is posted, I'm tempted to try to reverse engineer one of these pie-rets. That or I'll get lazy and buy the pattern. Or I'll forget about it again...

1 comment: