Crochet, knitting, astronomy & life in general.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Pretty party purse

I mentioned in an earlier post that I'd been working on a horseshoe lace purse while visiting my parents in L-ville. I promised pictures of the finished project, and here it is!



It's about 6" tall by 4.5" wide by 1" deep, and the strap is long enough so that I can have it cross my chest and the purse hangs at my hips. Here's a close-up of the lace pattern:



I found a lovely button at Fabricville (or Fabricland in English Canada), which miraculously fit the button loop I'd crocheted earlier even though I hadn't brought the finished purse to the fabric store with me. Here's a close-up of that:



When I got back to Toronto, I made a lining with some scrap fabric we'd bought at Fabricland for $0.50 (or less since it was 3 pieces of fabric for the price of 1). It was my first project with my new sewing machine! (I'll probably talk about it in more detail in a future post.) It didn't turn out so badly, considering I made a few mistakes along the way...



I've always needed a little party purse, something appropriate to wear with an evening dress, and considering the whole thing probably cost me less than $10, it was a good investment. Now, I hope I have an occasion to use it soon!

2 comments:

  1. That turned out really well, Ilana! The button is perfect, too. Now I have to make one just like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it Mom! Maybe you can use your special silk yarn...

    ReplyDelete