Crochet, knitting, astronomy & life in general.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

New books!

This morning, I got a knock on my door and, hearing my superintendent's voice, I rushed to my room to get some pants on and then back to the door to answer it. He wasn't there to remind me that I hadn't paid rent or to complain about the newspapers that have been piling up outside our door, but to deliver a package! Grabbing it from his hands and quickly thanking him, I slammed the door shut and immediately tore the package open. I knew from the return address that it was the books I had ordered from the Interweave Press hurt book sale.

I had ordered two books, It Itches: A Stash of Knitting Cartoons by Franklin Habit, and 101 Stitches to Crochet edited by Erika Knight. In retrospect, I probably should have bought more books from the hurt book sale, since these books appear to be in perfect condition, and the savings were fantastic: from 50% to 75% off (cheaper than Amazon!). But alas, hindsight is 20-20.

Anyway, here's a picture of my new purchases. I'm especially interested in trying out some of the stitches in the 101 Stitches to Crochet. They might give me some inspiration for new patterns!

No comments:

Post a Comment