Crochet, knitting, astronomy & life in general.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Keeping our internet reasonably priced

I'm not usually one to get all riled up about things, but when it comes to my internet, I don't mess around. The CRTC has made a decision which will pave the way to allowing internet service providers (ISPs) to charge Canadians per byte for their internet usage, sort of like what mobile companies already do. This means that we'll be paying a lot more for a lot less internet. To boot, the big telecom companies are forcing small companies to adopt the same billing policy, effectively eliminating any sort of cheaper alternative.

My internet is expensive enough, and I have no interest in paying more for it. If you're of the same opinion, and are Canadian, I hope you'll fill out the below petition. If for some reason that doesn't work, you can use the OpenMedia form.






In other news, I just got back from an awesome conference in Milwaukee, which I will tell you all about soon with pictures and everything!

1 comment: